The North West Academy of English has been involved in European mobility projects since 1997. We have a vast experience in project development and implementation.
We work in cooperation with European school, agencies, NGOs and associations in order to deliver the best possible European mobility for the international participants.
Incoming European Mobility
The programme includes the following:
- Induction and orientation
- English language courses
- Cultural and work placement preparation workshops
- Work placement
- Cultural and social activities
- Local transport
- 24/7 emergency support
- Monitoring and support throughout the project
Language and Cultural Training
The course covers all areas of general English concentrating on improving students’ skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking. The lessons allow students to revise and practise the language they may already know while developing vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and social and idiomatic English. This course is the perfect way for students to practise their English in a supportive and encouraging environment before undertaking a work placement in a local company.
We have extensive experience in finding the right work placement for our students. Our Work Placement Officer will match each student’s profile with one of the 350 local companies we have links with.
Placements depend completely on the student’s language skills and on their vocational training and experience. Before organising the final interview, the Work Placement Officer will meet the students in order to understand expectations and discuss possible placements.
Places are available in all kinds of sectors including:
- Administration • Engineering • Environmental • IT (software and hardware) • Marketing and Business
- Sales (shop assistant) • Social (several positions) • School (teaching assistant, special needs tutor)
- Tourism and Hospitality (hotel and catering) • Mechanics • Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy • Agriculture
- Culture and Art